Saturday, November 16, 2013

Lovebug First Birthday Party

 Our Little Miss is turning ONE.
My how the first year seems soooo long and yet it goes by soooo fast!  Well, she won't be officially one till next week. :)  Anywho, I picked a ladybug theme...but went with a "LOVEbug" idea. It suits her. She is a little love for sure. 
I made heart cookies and decorated them like ladybugs...
 Cupcakes are 'funfetti' cause sprinkles make everything better! I made half of them into Ladybugs and the other half had heart sprinkles.
 Confession...I can be a pack rat of sorts...get it from my Grandpa Earl. I've learned to throw things away over the last 10 yrs and only keep certain stuff...like the three leftover heart shaped tin foil cupcake liners from YEARS ago! I just KNEW I would eventually use them...and I used one of them for K's smash cake. :) Yes that means I do STILL have the other two. Hahaha. I'm sure they will get used on some Valentine's Day goody or something...eventually. ;)
Okay, so here's her wittle smash cake...

Me and my Lovebug who doesn't cooperate with the camera.
 I made a Ladybug ring toss game. It was a big hit!





 Grandma and Justus. Poor Justus wasn't feeling so well. He came down sick shortly after the party. :(


 Kenleigh attacking her 'boyfriend'. She likes his hair.
 Love her!

 A few of the dudes.
 Time for her first cake!



 She kept rubbing the frosting between her fingers.


 She finally dove in!
 Now that's how you eat cake!


 The cake stuck to the foil plate I made, but that didn't stop her...
 I have to say that she wasn't nearly as messy as Justus. Much more lady like!
 One of the best, and most underestimated, gifts...a simple bouncy ball!
 She didn't know what to do, so I had to help her. :)
 First doll.
 First purse!
 Cute clothes.
 Musical books. :)
 What did Mommy and Daddy get her? Why a Wonder Woman play set of course! She couldn't be left out of all the super hero imaginary play around here. ;)
 She got the hang of opening her presents...paper was flying people!
 Jammies.
 "What else is in there Mommy?"
 Kenleigh and her 'boyfriend' Ethaniel. Hahaha.
 Grandma and Grandpa Allen and cousin Tyler. <3
 A few of my girlfriends. Don't we look so peaceful in this pic?!
 Yes?! Well here is what was going on around our feet while we were trying to get the above picture...like bees in a beehive..but louder!
 The after party!!
Good times. 
Happy Birthday Baby Girl...We love you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment